Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I.B. Altamira, Altamirano, Guerrero, Mexico

We just got back to our room after saying goodbye to everyone at Esmirna Baptist Church, our host for the past 5 days. We ate some kind of Mexican barbque and tortillas after the service. On a side note, I am astounded at the number of tortillas that Jason can eat............ I think he must have an unfair advantage over the rest of us because of his donut addiction. Bad joke. Anyway, Alfaro gave a great talk on leadership - especially as it pertains to church. We should invite him to WRBC.......we could learn some things. I certainly learned a few things about myself. It was well received, then we ate, and then spent an hour taking pictures, hugging and saying goodbye. I was asked maybe 20 times if we were coming back next year. Probably, but I can't commit - I'm not in charge. Tomorrow we leave at 7am for a 5 hour trip over the mountains. It's the short way to get back, just a little more dangerous. The scenery is beautiful, tho.

It's been a great 5 days. We leave with the knowledge that a new Baptist church exists in Mexico - because God stirred in the hearts of a bunch of people and called them to His purpose. It's abundantly clear to me that God works in that manner. When a large group of people feel the Lord stirring inside them and moving them to action, we can feel confident that it's a movement of God thru the Holy Spirit. I am happy to be part of this group because we leave here incredibly blessed. I hope to be here next year to continue what's been started. Oh by the way, this new church is called Altamira Baptist Church or in Spanish Iglesia Bautista Altamira.

We should get back to Lazaro Cardenas tomorrow evening where we'll participate in the final service of the campaign. Then we get up on Friday morning, pack, and head to the airport after stopping at the seminary for lunch. I'm not ready to go home yet. Like being on vacation, it's hard to leave it all behind.

1 comment:

pastorman said...

What an incredible start for the new church! I agree this continues to be affirmation of the church planting vision and partnership in Guerrerro. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story. Arizona Dennis

P.S. Craig, several pics don't show on my screen.

P.S.S. A big gracias for keeping us informed of the acts of God in Altimirano!